Jammu & Kashmir State Resource Centre (JKSRC)
J&K, State Resource Centre, established in the year 1978, is funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi, with a specific mandate to provide academic and technical support base in terms of Material, Training, Field Programmes, Media Back up, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation to the literacy progammes in J&K state. The Centre has some unique features which distinguish it from other SRCs of the country. This Centre has to take care of all the three regions, comprising 22 districts of the state, Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, which are culturally and geographically diverse and having 12 approved spoken languages. Thus, in addition to Urdu and Hindi it has to take up preparation of basic as well as continuing education material in 12 other spoken languages.
Centre has following separate divisions:
Centre designs need based teaching learning material for:
- Basic Literacy.
- Basic Education (Drop outs & passouts).
- Continuing Education Programme.
- Panchayat Raj Functionaries.
- Production and publication of charts, posters, stickers, banners and folders.
- Development and printing
of IEC Material on Electoral Literacy, financial and legal literacy.
- Chart, Poster, Stickers,
Banners, and Folders.
SRC designs and organises training programmes for:
- Adult Education/SBP functionaries.
- Self Help Groups.
- Panchayat Raj Functionaries.
- Staff Development of various organizations.
- Sensitization/Orientation of various organisations regarding implementation strategies of different literacy programmes.
- Training of Govt. and Non-Govt. Organizations.
Monitoring and Evaluation.
The Centre conducts continuous monitoring of
literacy programmes, viz SBP, in the State, in order to assess weakness and
strengths and lay down corrective measures. Monitoring projects in hand
Monitoring of SSA for 12 districts of Kashmir Division
Monitoring of MDM scheme for 12 districts of Kashmir Division
Monitoring of RMSA for 12 districts of Kashmir Division
Media and Research.
Planning and conducting research in the field of:
· Gender inequality.
· Social problems.
· Developmental issues.
· Publication of Newsletters, Broachers etc.
· Media back up to literacy movement through awareness drive in print and electronic media.
Some Innovative programmes of SRC
- Literacy and Skill Development Courses for jail inmates s coupled with various employment generating schemes
- Model Adult Education Centre in 10 Districts of J&K.
- Centre adopted 04 blocks in 04 Districts as Island of Success under Saakshar Bharat Programme.
Doda adopted by Shri. Ghulam Nabi Azad Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Baramulla adopted Shri. Saif-ud-Din Soz Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Shopian adopted by Smt. Mehbooba Mufti Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Kupwara adopted by Shri. Muzaffar Hussain Beigh Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Pulwama adopted by shri. G.R. Rattanpuri Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Implementation of Basic Literacy & Skill Development under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY) in different districts of Kashmir province to make Model villages Ganderbal adopted by Shri. Tariq Hameed Karra Hon’ble Member Parliament.
Centre established 15 Model Adult Education Centres to impart basic Literacy coupled with Skill Development Courses in Different Districts of J&K (AECs are 100% funded by rural electrification Department Govt. of India in collaboration with MHRD).